These little guys are the perfect blend between banana bread and cookie dough (i.e two of the worlds greatest creations).
Full of protein from Go Good’s Banana Whey Protein Concentrate, natural sugars and healthy fats – these are the perfect on-the-go or pre-workout snack. I have always struggled to eat big meals before a workout, but these give me just the boost of energy I need without weighing me down.
Protein ball recipes are so flexbile, you can swap out the cashews for your favourite nut, and the tahini for nut butter – really whatever you have on hand!
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
- 5-6 dates
- ¼ cup dried banana or banana chips
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- scoop of Go Good Banana Whey Protein Concentrate
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp water
Optional: dark chocolate chips
- Place your dates, ½ of your banana chips, Go Good Protein, cinnamon and cashews into a food processer and blend until fine.
- Add tahini and slowly add water until a dough like consistency.
- Pop in the other ½ of your banana chips and blitz – to keep a few chewy chunks of banana! (If desired, stir through a handful of dark chocolate chips).
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls, and store in the fridge.
Splash a little water on your hands before rolling these – this ensures there is no stickiness, and not an ounce of banana-ey goodness gets left behind! Also, try out your local bulk bin store - you can buy specific to the recipe and is often more cost efficient!