INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
- 1 medium ripe banana (~⅓ cup mashed; the spottier the banana the more flavorful/sweet the cookies will be)
- ½ servings (15 g) of Go Good Whey Protein Powder + Organic Banana
- ½ cup rolled oats (use quick oats for cookies that spread slightly less, as pictured; ensure gf as needed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons chocolate chips, to top (or chopped walnuts, sultanas, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper for later.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana until no unusually large chunks remain, before stirring in all of the dry ingredients. Pour in the coconut oil and stir until just combined. The batter will be quite wet and sticky, but should mostly hold shape when you dollop out the dough to form the cookies. If it’s too runny, add another tablespoon or so of oats or shredded coconut to help thicken it.
- Spoon out 8 smallish cookies, leaving a bit of room between them. Lightly press the chocolate chips on top. Bake for 7-10 minutes (depending on thickness), until lightly browned underneath, and firmed up and bouncy/squishy to the touch around the edges. Be careful not to overbake them as they’re quite low in added fat and sugar! Store in a tightly-sealed container at room temperature for 2-3 days, or slightly longer in the fridge.