INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
- 1 ripe & spotty banana (⅓ cup mashed)
- 2 servings (60g) of Go Good Whey Protein Powder + Organic Strawberry
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 3 tablespoons plain flour (see notes for substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Granulated sweetener/stevia to taste (optional, add if you’d like more sweetness)
- ⅓ cup sliced fresh strawberries, to stir-in/top
- Heat up a nonstick pan or skillet on medium heat as you make the pancakes.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana before whisking in the egg and 2 tbsps milk. Add the whey, flour and baking powder, and stir until just combined. If you’d prefer a thinner batter, add another tablespoon or so of milk. At this point, you can either stir in the strawberries or wait to top the pancakes later.
- Once the pan is hot enough (a drop of water will immediately sizzle when it touches the surface), spoon out about ~2 tablespoons of batter per pancake (or less/more depending on your desired size). They will spread a little at first, so you probably won’t fit more than 3 in the pan at a time. Top with the strawberries if you haven’t already.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the surface is mostly crowded with bubbles, before gently flipping and cooking for another ½ - 1 minute. Keep an eye on them as they are quite thin and cook through fast. Serve with more strawberries, banana, yogurt, maple syrup, etc.
NOTE: Using another flour (such as spelt, oat or whole wheat) should also work, but the flavour/texture may slightly change.
If you’d prefer less carbs you can swap the flour with almond meal, but know that the resulting pancakes will be much more flat.
Whey Protein Powder + Organic Strawberry
- Improve your muscle recovery and repair
- Easy to digest - Gluten, soy and dairy-free
- Boost your immunity and help build lean muscle